A digital footprint is a trail of data you create while using the Internet. It includes the websites you visit, emails you send, and the information you submit to online services.
“You should keep in mind that anything you place online, whether text or images, has the potential to be available online forever.”
Everyone who uses the Internet has a digital footprint, so it is not something to be worried about. However, it is wise to consider what trail of data you are leaving behind.
Managing your digital footprint?
- Be consistent and professional in what you say online
- Be thorough – check your profile settings periodically
- Set up and alert on your google account
- Protect your personal data
- Think before you post anything online
- Developing a clear digital footprint
Here’s a short video on why you should care about managing your digital footprint.